Skyscraper/Giraffe

A place where i write all things that i want. Things that i love, hate, open my eyes and a place where i'm free to be myself without any misunderstanding. A place to get inspired and inspiring. A place to fly up widen my wings. Welcome, to my kind of place. Suit yourself!

Monday 19 February 2018

Pengalaman sebagai pelajar fesyen (Ijazah Seni Reka Fesyen : UiTM) AD246 (Semester 5)

Salam,

Hai hai and hai! I'm bit excited sebab ada sorang junior ni approached i because she got accepted in second intake of Degree fashion and design. So sebab ada yang bagi respond yang baik after read my blog and i'm like why not i update about my experiences in semester 5. Btw guys, next sem gonna be my last semester, final year is freakin near! And of course i'm scared like a lot! Been doing sketches lately since my lecturer want us to develop ideas so it will be easier to choose design when the semester started. I don't really know how to described overall feeling that i'd been thru last semester. Maybe i was bit shocked sebab macam this time my lecturer gave us like fully power to chose our own kinda style and concept. I was bit surprised and lost at first, heh i mean whole semester. I was crying lot! But yeah, every hardship comes ease right? So to my junior, don't give up okay? So let's get started with what i just learned from my previous semester huhu.

This semester ada 5 major fashion subject and 1 third language (last one yeay!) 

1) FES 601 APPAREL PRODUCTION MANAGEMENT

 For this subject, there is no workshop or kerja bengkel involved sebab basically kelas ni dia kelas menghafal and ada exam. Tbh, it was not that hard actually, sangat senang nak dapat A if you rajin membaca. And like typical me who love to memorized notes, it was fun for me even i'm feeling bit sleepy in class. Tapi subject macam ni lah korang boleh score untuk naikkan cgpa huhu. So guys jangan malas membaca even you guys student art ;p Apparel production ni dia ajar about  how manufacture functioning from how to make pattern to finishing in industrial. So basically it was easier since we also learn all that bit in small capacity.

2) FES 602 FASHION DESIGN 5 : ART AND REALITY

Here we go, the main core subject in every semester. If you guys failed this, bye bye-  it will ruin all semester. mean, first you won't graduated with all your friends. Second, it will be bit hard to adapted with your class schedules since it will be overlap with other subjects and you need to be in class with your junior (just for design class if you only failed on design). But still, don't give up okay? So for final year semester, we had been given a theme which is LOCAL. Ugh i'm dont really like it actually sebab macam bosan pusing2 local. i mean i know it was easy to do research since all the books and information for thesis and all will be easier but the for me it was cliche. Can you imagine how many super senior before me already did all the concept and inspiration. So you need to be different and it was hard! Even the lecturers felt bit boring with it. All about the same concept. I was heard form few people they did this going LOCAL concept because audiences/outsider want us to promote Malaysia culture which is actually good but uitm already make it a lot before actually. So yeah sis redha huhu. So my inspiration for this semester, i chose KALONG orang ulu. It was a motif that reprsent power and authority to orang ulu. Its challeging for me as i need to create the motif manually. Not that i don't approved printing on fabric but i think that will be so common. Boring, to be honest. I used denim and did some bleaching technique while adding some colour and running stitches to enhances the motif. And i'm so sorry because i did not have any poper picture of my outfit huhu. So here i will attached picture of how the motif look like and process of bleaching too ove :3


Moti kalong by orang ulu

Teknik that i used to create the kalong motif on denim. Bit leceh but i love the effect !







extra : sneak peek of my research journal 












3) FES 604 COUTURE DRAPING

Okay kita carry on my fav subject for this semester, which is drapping class. nak tau kenapa fav? Sebab Sir Zaimi yang ajar and we got to sew wedding dress! It was fun even it took times a bit for me and guna banyak gila kain but its all worth it. huhu and my wedding dress "neraka" sikit sebab ada slit sampai atas peha LOL but i like how it end up ngeh ngeh ngeh. 


Draping process for peplum



 Kain nett untuk bagi kepuk kepuk macam fluffy gittew


Final look of my draping!

4) IDT 614 INDUSTRIAL ATTACHMENT 

Okay for this subject actually intern punya markah evaluation. Since kiteorang intern masa cuti semester, so bila naik semester just kena presentation and hantar report. I will make another post special for my internship experiences at Sazzy Falak's place. Where my friends and i got the chances to involved in KLFW 2017 ! Stay tuned okay :')

5) RMD 577 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY

Dah nama research so yes sucject ni dia ajar macam aman nak buat first draft of thesis / academic writing. For me kelas ni best sebab Puan Fadilah best gila. Even dia garang and strict, tapi suka dengar dia bercerita about life lesson and moral value. For this research i chose military unform of malaysia sebab my dad kerja tentera so macam bit easier. I went to Muzium Tentera kat Port Dicksona nd religiously went to library to find some references lol. Beriya tau pergi Perpustakaan Negara and Muzium Negara punya library huhu. Basically most of the times kiteorang kena keluar cari buku and information. Here i attached few pictures of me and my friends went out to find books and ideas!






Uniform tentera dara


Jambatan gantung belakang Muzium Tentera huhu

6) TJC 501 JAPANESE LEVEL 3 

Yes finally i'm done with third language! Like yeay! Hahaha cukuplah sengsara tidur dalam kelas every times kelas jepun sebab kelas start at 2pm lol. But it was okay sebab sensei sangat baik, walaupun lamabat buat rolepay sebab pergi naik cruise lol (btw if rajin i will update you guys  about naik cruise and doing fashion show atas kapal!) 

Okay i think itu je for semester 5, a lot of things happen- good and bad but still i love every inch of it. To new junior, best of luck! Jumpa korang time induction dengan senior! Hahaha, nanti kita kenal2 okay. Bye <3










No comments: